Aquinas does not participate in the federal free/reduced meal program.
The cafeteria uses a computerized Point of Sale payment system for purchase. Every student has an account accessed by using his/her student number. This account exists regardless of whether MySchoolBucks accounts are created by the parent. Parents are responsible for all purchases made by their child in the cafeteria or the snack bar.
The cashier verifies the student’s identity through the student photo which shows on the cashier’s screen. Cash for direct purchases in the cafeteria and snack bar is discouraged, parents are encouraged to deposit money in advance into the student’s account. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that account balances for cafeteria and snack bar purchases remain positive. Negative account balances will result in families being billed by Aquinas for all negative account funds associated with each individual student ID. Aquinas will hold report cards, transcripts, and other records until all unpaid balances are rectified.
Please include the student’s ID number on any check or envelope with cash when adding to the student’s account. Students may make deposits to lunch accounts directly to cashiers in the cafeteria or it may be done on-line through myschoolbucks.com
Anyone concerned about a food allergy should contact the cafeteria staff so that a notification to the cashier will appear when the student’s account is accessed.
Students are assigned to one lunch period per day as indicated on their school schedule.
- mySchoolBucks Online Payment for Cafeteria and Snack Bar Purchases – (Meal Accounts)
- Aquinas requires all students to have a meal account. mySchoolBucks is an easy and secure online prepayment service allowing for money to be deposited into student school meal accounts at any time.
- In addition, this service allows parents to view their child’s account balance and print a copy of their child’s eating history report. History reports include all dates and times that breakfast and/or lunch was purchased within the past 30 days.
To Access These Services:
- Go to www.myschoolbucks.com.
- Click REGISTER FOR A FREE ACCOUNT and enter the required information. You will then add your child and the desired amount of money to his/her school meal account. You will need your child’s name and student ID number. If your child does not know his/her student ID number, it can be found by logging into the school website and looking at your child’s “Contact Card” or by calling (585) 254-2020 x1060.
Things to Know About mySchoolBucks:
- If you have more than one child at Aquinas, you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- Payments can be made through an existing PayPal account or with a major credit or debit card.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.75 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.75 fee once per deposit transaction. Aquinas will not profit from the use of this site.
- Deposits may take 24-48 hours to show in your student’s account. Please print the email verification of your deposit and have your student present this to the cashier at checkout.
- You may also make advance payments via check (payable to The Aquinas Institute) or cash by submitting these to the cafeteria cashier. Please write your child’s full name and Student ID on the check or envelope containing cash.