Weight Room/Fitness Center/Field House Expectations
During after school hours it is imperative for the health and well-being of Aquinas students and student-athletes that certain expectations are followed. These expectations are as follows:
- Like classrooms at Aquinas, the field house and weight room are learning/training spaces. No student should be in either space without coach or teacher supervision. Any student without their coach or teacher will be asked to leave.
- Only students who are practicing, training or participating in sports should be in the field house or weight room after school. These spaces are not for sitting around, fooling around, socializing or being unsafe. Students found to be doing any of these things will be asked to leave.
- Students will follow a weight-lifting program that they will confirm with the weight room staff whenever they are using the fitness center at Aquinas. Aquinas athletics requires that all teams from modified to varsity participate in off-season and in-season lifting programs. Students who are not involved in Aquinas athletics still need to provide weight room staff with information about the program they are following.
Please help Aquinas continue to build or maintain our successful Athletics program and the strength and fitness of all our students by reviewing and committing to these expectations. We ask families to help in two ways:
- Encourage your child(ren) to participate in a sport or the Iron Shamrock Club at Aquinas. Certified weightlifting coaches are in the weight room and fitness center after school from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Please go over the expectations with your child(ren).